Touring dance in Wales – what works? What doesn’t work? What is needed?
We would like to invite you for a discussion event hosted by Groundwork Pro. This is part of a Surf The Wave / ACW funded program to build a model for sustained and mutual support between artists, programmers and venues across Wales.
Groundwork will have had a series of conversations with venues and programmers and we will share the information gathered with you. We hope to connect artists with venues as well as to discuss the possibilities for a longer term model that would support presentation and touring of dance work.
*Please note we have now allocated all bursary places, which were available on a first-come-first-served basis for artists to join us at the meeting. You can still apply to our access fund to cover travel costs.
Saturday 14th December
10:00 – 13:00
Chapter, Cardiff, South Wales.
There will be another event held in North Wales on Thursday 5th December 13:00 – 16:00, Galeri Caernarfon.
The aims of the meetings are to:
- Enable choreographers and dance makers to come together to find out about current programming in a selection of venues across Wales and the programmers who present and support dance across Wales.
- Explore ways for independent artists to build creative relationships with these venues.
- Collectively envision some models and strategies that could support independent dance making, presentation and touring in Wales.
- Support Groundwork’s future planning and development to enable these ideas to come to fruition.
We hope you can join us.
If you would like to attend please email email@example.com with the following details:
(*Please note the following information will be shared with the venues we have been partnering with, as a follow up to these Artist /Choreographer/Dance Maker meetings.)
- Which session would you like to attend (North or South Wales)?
- Would you like to apply to our access fund to cover additional costs (e.g. travel, accommodation, childcare, interpreter, PA etc)?
- 1 or 2 sentence introduction to your choreographic work/making practice.*
- What work (if anything) do you have available now or in development?*
- Website if you have one.*
This discussion event is kindly supported by Chapter and Surf The Wave Seed Generator fund.