Fy Ynys Las
Artists share their practice – Eddie Ladd
ACW Urgent Response Fund for Individuals is now open to applications
(*Please note ACW has closed all its usual funding schemes for at least six months)
Below Groundwork has:
You can apply for up to £2500 for individuals facing immediate financial difficulty due to Covid19.
The site is now open for the first round of applications – *deadline Mon 20th April*.
There will be a second round of this fund opening on 28th April – deadline Wed 6th May
Decisions will be made within 3 weeks of the deadline.
ACW is stressing that this fund is for those facing significant and immediate financial hardship. They have made the fund light touch, rapid response and non competitive. They ask that only those who really need apply. They expect individuals to have explored other routes of financial support so that their funds can go to those most in need and so monies are retained for future creative grant rounds where possible.
Important good news:
– Dancers, performers and creatives (individuals who wouldn’t usually be the applicant for ACW funds) are eligible to apply as well as choreographers/directors/producers etc . You need to get at least 50% of your income from freelance work, work mainly (50%+) in one of ACW supported disciplines and have a track record of working in publicly funded cultural sector.
– If you have access costs you can apply for up to an additional £2000.
– This fund is not based on a creative proposal.
– You need to give details of what you usually do so ACW can assess whether you meet their criteria, tell them how your freelance income has been affected, let them know if you are in receipt of any other ACW funds, detail why you are ineligible for government job retention scheme (furlough) or self employed income support scheme (SEISS) (more on this later) and detail any other financial assistance that you are or are not eligible for. You also need to provide details of a referee, a CV and your bank account.
*(this is a not an exclusive list of possible support)
ACW will be releasing two additional funds:
Stabilisation for organisations: -this will support loss of income, cashflow problems and prioritise organisations facing immediate/acute financial challenges.
Guidelines will be released on 16th April.
Fund will open on 21st April – deadline on 8th May, decision by 5th June.
Stabilisation for individuals: 1k- 10k – this will support individuals to survive threat, build resilience and maintain creative their practice. It will be different to the urgent response fund in that it will require a creative proposal.
Guidelines will be released on 23rd April.
Fund will open on 29th May – deadline on 15th June, decision by 13th July.
Self Employed Income Support Scheme
This will pay 80% of your self employed income.
This is currently running for March, April, May but may be extended, pay outs are expected in June.
You need to have filed a tax return in 18-19 to be eligible.
HMRC will contact you in May if you are eligible.
You will get a taxable grant based on average profit over the tax years 16-17, 17-18, 18-19.
Useful information about it here:
Job Retention Scheme
If you were working PAYE and can no longer do that job you should be eligible for the job retention scheme. The government will pay 80% of your wage via your employer.
Useful information here:
The government has increased UC to £409.89 per month and removed the minimum income floor making it easier for Self Employed people to apply.
Useful info here
* Please note that if you are currently in receipt of tax credits it is recommended you take advice before applying to UC as you will loose access to tax credits.
How Groundwork can help:
If you need additional help and support please send us an email. We are not experts in these matters but we are learning fast and will do our best to offer advice and/or signpost you. In particular if you need advice about ACW funding schemes get it touch.
Wishing you health and strength
The Groundwork Team
Artists share their practice – Eddie Ladd
ACW Stabilisation Fund for Individuals Opens on 29th May and closes 15th June for 1-10K Guidelines and FAQ’s are here: https://arts.wales/stabilisation-fund-for-individuals On 15th May Groundwork held an open Zoom meeting to discuss the above fund. Below is an outline of the scheme and queries/responses that came up during that conversation. We put a number of…